#16 DevOps Diary: Kubernetes and Community Resources
Welcome beautiful people!
I hope you were having a great week. What are your productivity hacks? Going for a walk? Breaking down tasks into smaller items? A few months ago, I tried virtual co-working. Basically, you are on a call with a few others and you work for 40min, then have a chat for 10 minutes and again work for 40 min. It gets you out of your daily cycle of tasks 🙂
And let's start with today's content.
- If you want to learn Go, or join an existing Go community, have a look at GoBridge, which is an initiative dedicated to building bridges that educate underrepresented communities to teach technical skills and foster diversity in Go. They host meetups, share great learning resources and more 🙂
- You cannot get enough from podcasts? — Neither can I! Have a listen to CoSeCast, the podcast by StackRox. (I hope that they produce more episodes 👀)
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
Introducing a new category — highlighting my favourite DevOps-related books (Note that this section features paid content but I am not sponsored in any way to display their content 🙃)
- Saiyam Pathak published a book on Kubernetes tips, full of practical examples with detailed solutions
- Quick Start Kubernetes by Nigel Poulton (I am currently going through his books; they are amazing)
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
- This is super comprehensive: Notes how to setup Kubernetes k3s, OpenFaaS, Longhorn, MetalLB, Private Docker registry, Redis and more on 9x Raspberry 4
- Helm Chart Install: Advanced Usage of the “Set” Argument
- Have a look at this meetup recording on "GitOps - The Bad and the Ugly" by Humanitec
- This is a bit of an older recording but I still enjoyed it and it is so relevant, now more than ever 🙂 "GitOps - Operations by Pull Request [B] - Alexis Richardson, Weaveworks & William Denniss, Google"
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos weekly!
- KubeSec Enterprise Online - North America https://kubesec.aquasec.com/enterprise_online_na_2021 Jan 21, 2021 → Mar 18, 2021
- Rule your cloud. https://cloudopsummit.com/ Feb 10, 2021
- Intro to DevOps https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intro-to-devops-tickets-133921305229 Feb 11, 2021
- CNCF On-Demand Webinar: Debugging Kubernetes On The Fly https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-cncf-online-programs-presents-cncf-on-demand-webinar-debugging-kubernetes-on-the-fly/ Feb 11, 2021 → Feb 17, 2021
If you have any event recommendations, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼