#17 DevOps Diary: Kubernetes and Community Resources
Welcome beautiful people!
I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday! This week, we have a little bit of everything. I try to include the resources I like the most from across publications, and those seem to be coming on a bi-weekly basis. If you have any suggestions on content that I should include (ALSO YOUR CONTENT), then please do let me know. I would love to hear from you!
TODAY is actually the last day that you can get the Early-Bird Special ticket for $10 for #KubeCon + #CloudNativeCon EU Virtual; Prices increase to $75 at midnight CEST — so be quick 😉
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
I have several books on my reading list — actually, whenever I start one, I already find 5 more that I want to read. However, this book is next on my list:
If you are interested in CI/CD tools and DevOps in general, I highly recommend having a look.
PS. No sponsored content across my content.
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
- iptables: How Kubernetes Services Direct Traffic to Pods by Dustin Specker
- If you are into AWS or you want to learn about AWS, have a look at the blog content by Jose Talancha
- If you plan to get Kubernetes-certified this blog post has several resources
- ArgoCD just released v1.7-rc1. If you are completely new to Argo, you might want to have a look at this overview of their projects by Viktor Farcic.
This week, I am again highlighting some amazing YouTube channels rather than specific videos
- If you want to get started as a DevOps Engineer, have a look at Gwyneth Peña-Siguenza's YouTube Channel
- DevOps.com is hosting some interesting webinars from across the space — definitely lots to learn there
Also, I am joining Alex Ellis next week on his livestream to learn about K3s — make sure to check it out, we would love to get your questions — I definitely have several 🥳
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos weekly!
- Have a look at my previous video, A Practical Introduction to Helm — A package manager for Kubernetes 💙
- KubeSec Enterprise Online - North America https://kubesec.aquasec.com/enterprise_online_na_2021 Jan 21, 2021 → Mar 18, 2021
- CNCF On-Demand Webinar: Debugging Kubernetes On The Fly https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-cncf-online-programs-presents-cncf-on-demand-webinar-debugging-kubernetes-on-the-fly/ Feb 11, 2021 → Feb 17, 2021
- Cloud-Native Goes Native https://webinars.devops.com/cloud-native-goes-native Feb 22, 2021
- CloudNativeRustDay https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cloud-native-rust-day/ May 3, 2021
- Crossplaneday https://events.linuxfoundation.org/crossplane-community-day-europe/ May 4, 2021
- DockerCon https://www.docker.com/dockercon/ May 27, 2021
- cdCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/ Jun 23, 2021 → Jun 24, 2021
If you have any event recommendations, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼