#18 DevOps Diary: Kubernetes and Community Resources
Welcome beautiful people!
I hope you all have an amazing Sunday! Before diving into this week's content, I want to share with you a video (and post) that I just published today on Developer Evangelism. It is based on a question that I got asked 2 years ago: Where do I see myself in 3 years?
The answer to that question still drives my current work and is the reason I love sending out these newsletters every week! 🥰
Let's move on to today's content, focused on DevSecOps! (Remember, like always, none of this is sponsored content.)
- Aqua has an amazing Podcast on Security-related topics from across the cloud native space.
- Now if you cannot get enough from cloud-native tools, updates, and how-tos, I highly recommend you to check-out Adrian Goins' Coffee and Cloud Native show!
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
- I am currently reading this book "Learning Helm" by three of the Helm core-maintainers Matt Butcher, Matt Farina, and Josh Dolitsky. It just got published. If you are interested in video content, my previous videos of #100DaysOfKubernetes include tips and explanations from the book (in my own words). If you are looking for paid learning resources around Helm, I'd highly recommend this book over any course! 🙌🏼
- Up next on my reading list is this book "Container Security" by Liz Rice; will share more on my journey through the book soon! 😊
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
- Docker Vulnerability Scanning CLI Cheat Sheet by Snyk; Snyk has an amazing collection of security related resources. Have a look! Specifically, this blog post on Secure development when working from home — tips and tricks
- Are you completely new to GitOps? Have a look at this guide "Understanding GitOps: The Latest Tools and Philosophies" on The New Stack (I wrote this 😍)
- Create AKS clusters with a Helm chart? It’s possible with Cluster API! Have a look at the Medium page of the author Alessandro Vozza, who has created several tutorials and study guides.
- Now this is an absolute MUST SEE! David McKay aka RAWKODE has set-up a series of live-sessions to debug Kubernetes Clusters. Check it out! It is not only highly educational but also super entertaining.
- Have a look at Exploring K3s with k3sup that Alex Ellis and I live-streamed last week! It will provide you with a complete overview of K3s.
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos weekly!
- Have a look at my previous video, A Practical Introduction to Helm — A package manager for Kubernetes 💙
- KubeSec Enterprise Online - North America https://kubesec.aquasec.com/enterprise_online_na_2021 Jan 21, 2021 → Mar 18, 2021
- Cloud-Native Goes Native https://webinars.devops.com/cloud-native-goes-native Feb 22, 2021
- CloudNativeRustDay https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cloud-native-rust-day/ May 3, 2021
- Crossplaneday https://events.linuxfoundation.org/crossplane-community-day-europe/ May 4, 2021
- DockerCon https://www.docker.com/dockercon/ May 27, 2021
- cdCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/ Jun 23, 2021 → Jun 24, 2021
If you have any event recommendations, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼