Welcome beautiful people,
I hope you have a great week. Over the past week, I spent lots of time learning about Monorepos and Kubernetes. Thus, this newsletter will focus on Kubernetes Resources 😊
How this newsletter came about?
I just changed industry; from the blockchain space to DevOps. Thus, I have LOTs and lots to learn. So I decided to make my learning public. Yes, you read correctly, you can see some of my weekly notes right here.
Additionally, I provide a curated version of the resources that I come across in this weekly newsletter. So if you want to get started learning about DevOps and/or stay up-to-date with the resources out there, then you are definitely at the right place.
- kubectl commands walkthrough video – Create and Debug Pods in a Minicube cluster
- Are you as new as I am to different deployement strategies? If you have only heard of Canary, and you think blue-green deployment means taking a day off (I'm German and making a day blue is a thing) – then watch this video!
- My Blog post on Getting Started With Helm 3 Using React and Codefresh
- Building modern CI/CD workflows for serverless applications with Red Hat OpenShift Pipelines and Argo CD, Part 2 – Here is Part 1
- Working with kubectl, this cheatsheet comes quite handy. Additionally, if you are getting started with kubectl, this handbook is a great onboarding resource.
- Why you should not ignore .dockerignore
- If you are more into listening to use cases, takeaways, and in general, everything Kubernetes, have a look at the Kubernetes Podcast by Google
- To the men out there, I want to hear from you, how you plan to make the space more diverse! If you need some inspiration, check-out this podcast Celebrating Women in Agile
- Getting Started with Google Kubernetes Engine – This course is provided by Google + first 7 days are free
- Also, I am a big fan of Pluralsight. Nigel Poulton teaches several courses on Kubernetes, Docker, and everything around and in between
- Microservices World DevOps https://apiworld.co/conference/microservices-world/#speakers Oct 27, 2020 → Oct 29, 2020
- deploy by Digital Ocean Digital Ocean https://www.digitalocean.com/deploy/ Nov 10, 2020 → Nov 11, 2020
- Kubecon DevOps https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/ Nov 17, 2020 → Nov 20, 2020
Communities to check-out
We are all working towards making the space more accessible and diverse (and if you are not yet, time to change that!). Project who support minority groups play a crucial role in making this happen.
This community is not focused on DevOps but on the tech space overall. Give them a follow, shout-out on Twitter to help them become more visible.