#22 DevOps Diary: Kubernetes and Community Resources
Welcome beautiful people!
I hope you had a lovely week. It seems like everyone is stretched quite thin right now, so take a moment, breathe and try something news, it might bring you energy 💡
This week's newsletter features more content around DevSecOps, differences between IaC tools, tutorials on persistent storage and service mesh and much, much more!
This week, I want to highlight two really great personal blogs. It is often difficult to find people's personal blogs with the insights that you are looking for, so bookmark these:
- Sebastian's blog has a vast number of amazing tutorials, covering topics from across the DevOps space
- Lots of explanatory content, tutorials and more on Dan's blog. Dan is a senior software engineer at Upbound
Remember, if you know of any amazing writers or specific content, I would love to include them in future newsletters.
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
- Top 20 Dockerfile best practices by Sysdig, or to be more precise by Álvaro Iradier
- 10 Kubernetes Security Context settings you should understand by Eric Smalling and Matt Jarvis
- Jaeger persistent storage with Elasticsearch, Cassandra & Kafka by Dotan Horovits
- Tutorial: Configuration of Kubernetes (k8) services with NGINX Ingress controller by Steve George
- Introduction to Crossplane by Rawkode Live
- Progressive Delivery in Kubernetes by Carlos Sanchez & Viktor Farcic
- Terraform vs. Pulumi vs. Crossplane - Infrastructure as Code (IaC) Tools Compared
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos weekly!
- Have a look at my previous video, an Overview of Service Mesh 💙
- Join the Community!
- International Women's Day Sweden Summit 2021 https://www.bevycares.com/events/details/bevy-cares-magenta-codes-presents-international-womens-day-sweden-summit-2021/#/ Mar 24, 2021
- Community Days KCD Africa https://community.cncf.io/kcd-africa/ Apr 29, 2021
- CloudNativeRustDay https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cloud-native-rust-day/ May 3, 2021
- PromCon 2021 virtEUl May 3, 2021
- Crossplaneday https://events.linuxfoundation.org/crossplane-community-day-europe/ May 4, 2021
- DockerCon https://www.docker.com/dockercon/ May 27, 2021
- cdCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/ Jun 23, 2021 → Jun 24, 2021
- Kubernetes Community Days Bengaluru https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-kcd-bengaluru-presents-kubernetes-community-days-bengaluru/#/ Jun 26, 2021
If you have any event recommendations, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼