Welcome beautiful people!
I hope you had a great week. I am sure by now most of us have seen the container ship that got stuck. In case you have not, have a look. Maybe you can come up with some funny memes that will make it in next week's tweet of the week.
As always, you can reach me on my website to share either your own content or other people's content that you would like to see in one of the next editions.
This week's newsletter has a bit of everything, some content around networking, observability, scaling microservices, as well as amazing YouTube channels and shows that you should definitely checkout.
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
- Deep dive on Kubernetes Networking (this is a must-read 👀) : "Which One is the Right Choice for the Ingress Gateway of Your Service Mesh? Kubernetes Ingress, Istio Gateway or API Gateway?" by Huabing Zhao
- Istio tutorial by Red Hat Developers
- Scaling Microservices on Kubernetes by Ashley Davis
- Confused about public and private keys? Have a look at "Understanding Private Keys" by Jose Aguinaga
- Have a look at Saiyam's CNCFMinutes series on YouTube where he provides an overview of different cloud-native projects within 5 minutes
- Have a look at the following live stream between Jonah Kowall and Bartek Plotka for a discussion on the latest events in open source observability
- Checkout Cloud Native Live and specifically the last episode on GitOps-based Infrastructure as Code through the Kubernetes API with (-spoiler-) Crossplane
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos weekly!
- Have a look at my previous video, a walkthrough on using Ingress 💙
- Join the Community!
- Community Days KCD Africa https://community.cncf.io/kcd-africa/ Apr 29, 2021
- CloudNativeRustDay https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cloud-native-rust-day/ May 3, 2021
- PromCon 2021 virtEUl May 3, 2021
- Crossplaneday https://events.linuxfoundation.org/crossplane-community-day-europe/ May 4, 2021
- DockerCon https://www.docker.com/dockercon/ May 27, 2021
- cdCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/ Jun 23, 2021 → Jun 24, 2021
- Kubernetes Community Days Bengaluru https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-kcd-bengaluru-presents-kubernetes-community-days-bengaluru/#/ Jun 26, 2021
If you have any event recommendations, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼
Anais Urlichs Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.