Hello beautiful people,
welcome to another week & another newsletter. I hope you are doing well. The past weeks have been soo busy – who had a chance to attend KubeCon? Which were your favourite talks?
Once the recordings are out, I will share a newsletter with a list of my favourites. In the meantime, let's check out the content I found in particular useful for my learning throughout the past weeks.
Civo launched the first managed Kubernetes Service powered by K3s! Check out the launch video 🥳
If you want to try out a managed Kubernetes Service and the advantages of K3s clusters, sign up to Civo and receive $250 of credit.
Disclaimer: I am now working at Civo 🎉
Book Picks Of The Week 📚
Google's SRE Book – which has been referenced in multiple KubeCon presentations. Behold, a lot of my content will focus on the SRE aspect of DevOps 🙂
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
Today's blog resources focus around a specific tip:
If you want to learn about a specific technology, identify companies that are heavily using it and check out their blog. Usually companies have a special interest to provide up-to-date resources that are easy to follow. Additionally, it is much easier to find qualitative information this way than looking through Medium and various personal blogs.
So here is a list of company-run engineering blog posts:
Of course, there are many company-specific blogs, tutorials and guides that will provide you with specific guidance e.g.
- Sysdig has several amazing tutorials around monitoring and security
- Civo has a collection of guides (largely driven by the community) that will introduce you to pretty much any cloud-native technology
Are there any blog posts that you are especially fond of? Share them in the community.
- If you are completely new to Docker, THIS is probably the best tutorial that I have come across (of a reasonable length) by Peter McKee
- A complete guide to Continuous integration, delivery, deployment, and testing explained by Viktor Farcic
- If you are a podcast person, have a listen to this conversation between "The Null Channel" and Kai from Civo about our approach to building a Community-first managed Kubernetes platform
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos.
- Join the Community!
- DoK #48 Airflow vs Argo - Battle Royale https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Data-on-Kubernetes-community/events/277923395/ May 11, 2021
- WTF Is SRE? https://www.cloud-native-sre.wtf/ May 20, 2021
- DockerCon https://www.docker.com/dockercon/ May 27, 2021
- SwampUP Jfrog https://swampup.jfrog.com/ May 25, 2021 → May 27, 2021
- cdCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/cdcon/ Jun 23, 2021 → Jun 24, 2021
- Kubernetes Community Days Bengaluru https://community.cncf.io/events/details/cncf-kcd-bengaluru-presents-kubernetes-community-days-bengaluru/#/ Jun 26, 2021
- Monitorama https://monitorama.com/ Sep 13, 2021 → Sep 16, 2021
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Big thank you to everyone, who supports me on a weekly basis to make this content happen 🙏🏼
Anais Urlichs Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.