one week after the other passes by so quickly — so here I am again with another DevOps Diary. Today I am posting one day early since there are so many cool events starting today!
Quick reminder, if you are interested in collaborating on a DevOps Learning Group, I would love to hear from you!
- Hear from fatherlinux i.e. Scott McCarty on Linux Containers in this 7 part series
- Marcia Villalba is hosting live AWS office hours around CEST lunchtime — the last one covered serverless with Gunnar Grosch, so check it out if you have some time.
Blog Posts 🗞️
- Learn how to navigate the complexity of Kubernetes with Helm
- Three different ways to manage your Helm Chart and which one might be the best for you
- If you are learning/wanting to learn about Serverless, Serverless Land has lots of great blog posts and video content
- There are several cases, in which you might not want to use Docker — get Dockerless by mkdev.me
Reminder that I am keeping all of my notes in a public Notion page 👀
If you are just getting started in DevOps, then Cloud Lunch And Learn provide great talks that you can listen to during your lunch break — the first meeting took place last week.
Their next event is also going to be about Serverless on the 16th of November with Cedric Steenbeke.
It is ok to skip through content. If you are halfway through a video, or book and you realise there might be resources better suited for what you are looking for and your level of expertise, it is ok to not finish the resource.
A lot of times, we feel in some way obliged to keep giving our attention. Your time and attention is probably your scarcest resource — spend it wisely.
The beauty of free and open-source content is that skipping content not involved with much opportunity cost.
November is THE month of conferences!
- deploy by Digital Ocean Digital Ocean https://www.digitalocean.com/deploy/ Nov 10, 2020 → Nov 11, 2020
- Improve the Reliability of Your Kubernetes Clusters https://webinars.devops.com/improve-the-reliability-of-your-kubernetes-clusters Nov 10, 2020
- GitOps Days https://www.gitopsdays.com/ Nov 12, 2020 → Nov 13, 2020
- KubeCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/ Nov 17, 2020 → Nov 20, 2020
- Lowcodetoday https://lowcodetoday.com/ Nov 19, 2020
- AWS re:Invent https://reinvent.awsevents.com Nov 30, 2020 → Dec 18, 2020
- Global SKILup Festival https://devopsinstitute.com/skilup-festival/ Dec 7, 2020 → Dec 11, 2020
- Universe2020 https://githubuniverse.com/ Dec 8, 2020 → Dec 10, 2020
Tweet of the Week 🐦
This tweet of the week is by Manisha highlighting a scenario in which the original reasoning behind a security feature (or best practice) is lost but yet blindly maintained by the group
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
If you would like to have content included, please get in touch on Twitter or my website 🙌🏼