Welcome beautiful people,
this is a special newsletter. First of all, last week (the 12th) marks exactly one year since I got started in the cloud native ecosystem.
Secondly, IT WAS KUBECON WEEK!! Therefore, I will just focus this newsletter on some talks and projects that you should check out.
Also, I just want to give a HUUUUGE shout out to this amazing community! Thank you for supporting me throughout the past year — the Ambassador of the year award was just made possible through all of you ❤️
My 1st Year in Cloud Native — Let's Recap
Here is the blog post: https://anaisurl.com/my-1st-year-in-cloud-native/
I am going to host a recap live session NEXT WEEK, so please do join with questions 😊
Live session: https://youtu.be/c9h7aTMkCk0
These are some of the KubeCon talks that I am definitely looking forward to watching
- Helm: The Charts and the Curious - Karena Angell, Paul Czarkowski & Andrew Block, Red Hat; Scott Rigby, Weaveworks
- Cloud Native and Kubernetes Observability Panel: The State of Union - Bartek Plotka, Red Hat; Liz Fong-Jones, Honeycomb; Josh Suereth, Google; Frederic Branczyk, Polar Signals; Rags Srinivas, InfoQ
- Policy Matters! The Why, What, and How of Kubernetes Policy Management - Jayashree Ramanathan, RedHat; Aradhna Chetal, TIAA; Jim Bugwadia, Nirmata; Robert Ficcaglia, SunStone Secure
- SIG-Multicluster Intro and Deep Dive - Paul Morie, Apple; Jeremy Olmsted-Thompson & Laura Lorenz, Google
- Everything Wrong with K8s Authentication and How We Worked Around It - Mo Khan & Margo Crawford, VMware
- What We Learned from Reading 100+ Kubernetes Post-Mortems - Noaa Barki & Shimon Tolts, Datree
- Cloud Native Superpowers with eBPF - Liz Rice, Isovalent
- Beyond printf and tcpdump: Debugging Kubernetes Networking with eBPF - Martynas Pumputis & Aditi Ghag, Isovalent
And if you missed our talk, I spoke with Alex Jones on:
Don't worry if you could not make it to KubeCon, these talks are recorded and will soon be on YouTube for everyone to enjoy 😊
Open Source Project Highlight 📸
If you're using Grafana and Kubernetes and need to sync your dashboards from a git repository into Kubernetes Config Map, so gitana can help you.
Highlights from last week
- GitOps best practices — Policy as Code on Datree
- Full Tutorial: Kubernetes Troubleshooting with Komodor
- Using Terraform (IaC) to automate your Kubernetes Clusters and Apps
Tweet of the week 🐦
Sharing is Caring 🤗
If you are enjoying my weekly newsletters, share what you liked on your social media channels to make sure other amazing people come across my content, too.I highly appreciate your support 🥳
If you have content that you would like to have highlighted in one of my next newsletters, please do reach out and I would love to feature your work.
This is it for today, until next time 👋🏻