Hello and welcome beautiful people,
thank you so much for reading another one of my weekly DevOps newsletters. I hope you have/will have a fabulous day.
Winter is here and with it comes, soon a new year. I have been reflecting a lot on my previous year, everything that happened, everything that changed, everything I, or the people around me accomplished. It is often difficult to rememeber all the positives that happened and how far you have come — so I decided to make a "Star Board ⭐" on which I post all of the kind messages that this amazing community is sharing with me. Thank you for making my year so special.
And now to this week's newsletter: We have lots of amazing events, comprehensive cloud native courses, open source repositories to contribute to, and of course lots of articles and tutorials!
Community Highlight 🧑🏻🤝🧑🏽
Open Source Project Highlight 📸
Do you want to start contributing to open source projects? Here is a tweet that features a list of projects that you can get started with. Thank you for posting it ✨
This week, I am focused on the non-Engineering work that goes into DevOps
- DevOps has so many areas to it — you don't have to be an Engineer to work in DevOps. Have a look at this blog "A Non-Tech Girl In A Hi-Tech World"
- Lisa Clark is hosting Azure Christmas
- A podcast on career growth, development and everything around life in tech with Pawlean
- Simulate delayed and dropped packages
- What SRE is not by Niall Murphy
- OOPS writeups by Lorin Hochstein
There are several amazing events coming up — here is the list:
- Want to make sure to configure your Kubernetes Manifests correctly? Join us for this meetup: Preventing Kubernetes misconfigurations and deprecations with DatreeDec 8, 2021 05:00 PM GMT
- Interested in getting started with Cloud Native? THEN sign up to the cloud native hackathon! It will take place from the 9th to the 12th of December. Hope to see your there ☺️
- Don't miss this meetup to learn how to effectively debug your Kubernetes-based workloads between Komodor and Gremlin — where Rona will use Komodor to fix the chaos injected into the system by Julie from Gremlin. December 14th 10am PDT | 6pm GMT
ALSO the CFP for DevOps Days Birmingham are OPEN! Make sure to submit your talks, we would love to hear from you. PS I am hosting the conference with several amazing people.
Remember, if you want to support my work and receive exclusive content, you can sign-up for my paid subscription on my Blog ♥️
- Head over to my public notion page to see all of my Kubernetes notes and more! 🥳
- You Can Learn Anything! Continuing #100DaysOfKubernetes with several new videos.
- Join the Community!
Tweet of the week 🐦
Sharing is Caring 🤗
If you are enjoying my weekly newsletters, share what you liked on your social media channels to make sure other amazing people come across my content, too.I highly appreciate your support 🥳
If you have content that you would like to have highlighted in one of my next newsletters, please do reach out and I would love to feature your work.
This is it for today, until next time 👋🏻