#51 Seven-Day DevOps
This newsletter features some podcasts, live streams, explainers and tutorials: getting started in DevOps and with cloud native security.
Welcome beautiful people,
I hope you are taking care of yourself.
I did not post the newsletter in the past two weeks first of all, because of everything that is going on in the world - and secondly, because I did not have much content.
This newsletter features some podcasts, live streams, explainers and tutorials.
Open Source Project Highlight 📸
Imagine managing everything through operators. Alex made this possible!
“Imagine a world where your Kubernetes nodes can be managed and controlled from primitives that represent desired intent and are constantly reconciled. This project initially looks at the package management system and kernel modules for Ubuntu as an example of how this can be built upon.”
- Kubernetes is a cloud operating system by Natan Yellin
- Stefan Prodan on Flux, Flagger, and The Operator Pattern Applied to Non-Clustered Resources
- Understanding GCP IAM Roles by strongDM
- Open source is more important than ever, say developers. Here's what's driving adoption by Owen Hughes
- We've Been Here Since the Beginning by Abbey Perini
- What resources would you share with a frontend developer who wants to get started in DevOps?
- Want to get an overview of the Aqua Open Source tools, I spoke at EveryoneCanContributeCafe in which we went over the main projects.
- Escalating Privileges with Dirty Pipe (CVE-2022-0847) by Liam Galvin
If you are using any open source, community-driven resources, you must check for vulnerabilities — learn how with Trivy
When? Tuesday 15th of March 3PM CET
My content 📌
I created an introduction to Starboard on my YouTube Channel – we will expand upon it in the next tutorial with ArgoCD and monitoring tools.
Also, in case you are curious about ebpf and related tools, have a look at the Aqua Open Source Channel and our last livestream.
Tweet of the week 🐦
Sharing is Caring 🤗
If you are enjoying my weekly newsletters, share what you liked on your social media channels to make sure other amazing people come across my content, too. I highly appreciate your support 🥳
If you have content that you would like to have highlighted in one of my next newsletters, please do reach out and I would love to feature your work.
This is it for today, until next time 👋🏻