Summer is here (at least Europe has been burning hot), and I hope you are finding ways to stay cool. Maybe this newsletter can provide you with some summer reading. We have tutorials on writing operators, CSI plugins, monitoring the security of operators, more Kubernetes courses, GitHub repositories with tools you need to know and lots more exciting content. Have a great week 😊
Community Highlight 🔆
Have a look at Richard’s course for learning Azure Kubernetes Service
Something Random 👀
This thread has some great tips on how to protect your deep-work time:
DevOps or other things👩🏽🔧
- Exploring Kubernetes Operator Pattern by Ivan Velichko
- Learn how to write a CSI plugin from scratch with this video series by Vivek Singh
- Dockerfiles now Support Multiple Build Contexts
- The Kubernetes Network Model by Michael Kashin
- If you are working with operators, you really want to watch this talk from the last KubeCon EU: Tweezering Kubernetes Resources: Operating on Operators - Kevin Ward, ControlPlane — it highlights the most common security risks found in operators. Also, ControlPlane developed a tool called BadRobot that allows you to check operators for common security risks.
- "How to Forward eBPF Output to Any Destination" - using Calyptia #FluentBit and @AquaSecTeam Tracee. Flexibility and Speed for Security Observability!
- How to access Metrics from Security Scans directly in Prometheus without requiring any additional components – Trivy Operator Tutorial
- Detecting and Capturing Kernel Modules with Tracee and eBPF
My highlights ⚡
- Full Tutorial: Grafana Loki to access Kubernetes logs
- Security Scanners — What you need to know to get started
Tweet of the week 🐦
Sharing is Caring 🤗
If you are enjoying my weekly newsletters, share what you liked on your social media channels to make sure other amazing people come across my content, too. I highly appreciate your support 🥳
If you have content that you would like to have highlighted in one of my next newsletters, please do reach out and I would love to feature your work.
This is it for today, until next time 👋🏻