Hello beautiful people,
I wish you all a great start to the week!✨
This is one of these newsletters that makes me extremely happy to share so much exciting content from across the space!
🎉🎉🎉Also, I cannot believe that this is NUMBER 70 🎉🎉🎉
PS. If you haven't opened last week's edition, you missed out on the cutest puppy picture and made my puppy very very sad 😋
Huge shout-out to Rootly for sponsoring this newsletter!
Rootlyautomates manual tasks like creating an incident channel, Jira ticket and Zoom rooms, inviting responders, creating status page updates, postmortem timelines and more.
Want to see why companies like Canva and Grammarly are using Rootly? https://rootly.com/demo/
Interesting content from across the space ✍🏻
- Scaling Kubernetes to 7,500 Nodes by OpenAI
- Field Guide to the Various Communities of Security by Phil Venables
- How Scanning Your Projects for Security Issues Can Lead to Remote Code Execution by Ron Masas
Something interesting on Twitter 🐦
We had a very interesting discussion about docs; more specifically, how to divide docs by user-type. Read the full thread on Twitter 👇
Upcoming Live Streams and Events 📆
Ok, this is going to be kind of my content as well 👉👈
I will be speaking at three different events this week. These are all ONLINE! Namely:
- Nerdearla 2022 Oct 19th to 22nd
- WeAreDevelopers – DevOps Oct 19th
- A webinar/panel discussion on Tuesday the 18th about Next-Level DevSecOps: Overcoming the Silos
Do you know of or are hosting any interesting events? – Promote them here!
My own content 🤸🏻♀️
If you are not sure when to use local/CLI-based security scanning and when to use an in-cluster scanner, I wrote up this comparison based on Trivy!
Vulnerability Scanning: Trivy vs the Trivy Operator
-- The video will follow this week on the Aqua open source YouTube channel