Hey everyone, I hope you have/are having a lovely day and Welcome to week 7 🥳
For the better or worse, we have reached December and the year is soon going to be over. What are your goals in the last month? Maybe reaching some last-minute yearly goals of 2020?
Let me give you some inspiration in this week's newsletter for next year.
Inspiration: DevOps 2021, something to look forward to 🎉
- Make a list of conferences that you would like to attend (most of them are likely online or hybrid for most of 2021)
- Join me in #100DaysOfKubernetes
- What is something that you always wanted to learn and were never able to take the time for? Maybe the resources in this newsletter provide some inspiration
- Collaborate with other amazing people in the space; whether on blog posts or videos — I tried and about half of the folks I contacted were quite excited about the idea 🙌🏽
- The cd Foundation has an amazing webinar series going on that provide interesting insights into tools, best practices, and more
- Get started learning more about security with this introduction to Snyk
Blog Posts (and other written content)🗞️
Staying with the topic on security,
- Snyk also has a great learning hub to get started with DevSecOps and a comprehensive list of security-focused resources
- IBM's X-Force Threat Intelligence Research Hub with tons of research papers
- Found on Reddit, DevSecOps University has a comprehensive list of resources to get started with — however, the more advanced content is highly focused on AWS. I highly enjoyed this Cloud Security Architecture Workshop by Dave Shackleford
- Monthly "Getting into DevOps" thread on Reddit
- And lastly some tips on how to evaluate Kubernetes monitoring solutions
Kubernetes Exam Prep — Or just learning a lot about Kubernetes 🔖
I dug up these really comprehensive study guides for the CNCF Exams; Kudos to Ravikiran Srinivasulu for putting them together
- CKA Exam Study Guide (Certified Kubernetes Administrator)
- CKAD Exam Preparation Study Guide (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer)
- CKS Exam Study Guide (Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist)
- You can find a collection of all the resources that I list in the DevOps newsletter + additional notes etc. on the public notion page
- We just kicked off our DevOps learning group. if you would like to join, please either message me on Telegram (@URLICHSANAIS) or on Twitter. I would love to hear from you 🙂
- AWS re:Invent https://reinvent.awsevents.com Nov 30, 2020 → Dec 18, 2020
- How to make your Frontend Developers happy on K8s https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Berlin-Devs-Drinks/events/274508824/ Dec 2, 2020
- Global SKILup Festival DevOps https://devopsinstitute.com/skilup-festival/ Dec 7, 2020 → Dec 11, 2020
- Webinar SecDevOps: Overview: Security in Kubernetes/VanillaStack https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Cloudical-Meetups/events/274783345/ Dec 8, 2020
- Universe2020 https://githubuniverse.com Dec 8, 2020 → Dec 10, 2020
Tweet of the Week 🐦
Continuing Every Week — Make sure to follow and to subscribe for special content and regular updates!
Anais Urlichs Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.