Hi beautiful people,
I hope you have a great week!
I did not post any updates over the past weeks for multiple reasons. One of them is that I had to update my Ghost subscription since I crossed the 1k subscriber mark 🎉 Thank you all for making that happen 💙
I was also busy with conferences and my Bachelor Thesis – I can't wait until that is finally done!
Anyway, in this newsletter, I am sharing some updates from those conferences, early access to some amazing tools and lots more.
Huge shout-out to Rootly for sponsoring this newsletter!
Rootly automates manual tasks like creating an incident channel, Jira ticket and Zoom rooms, inviting responders, creating status page updates, postmortem timelines and more.
Want to see why companies like Canva and Grammarly are using Rootly? https://rootly.com/demo/
Something to keep an -out
Early release will be provided to the first signups to k8sgpt today. Here is the signup page: https://k8sgpt.ai/
She Can Cloud Native 🎬
I am hosting a new series called She Can Cloud Native where I invite women in the cloud native space to join me on a Live Stream on my YouTube channel. We already had Divya on the show and the other amazing people are due to come on in the next weeks 🎉
The next livestream will take place tomorrow with Lian
I already have lots more people lined up & if you would like to get involved in one of those live streams, you know where to find me.
Also, a huge shout-out to Komodor for supporting me in building this series.
Written Content ✍🏻
- Enforcing Kubernetes Best Practices using Kyverno and Argo CD by Nicholas Morey
- A Brief DevOps History: The Road to CI/CD by Kat Cosgrove
- Open source software – answering the big questions by MEEE
- Sync 10,000 Argo CD Applications in One Shot by Jun Duan
- You Broke Reddit: The Pi-Day Outage
State Of OpenCon 2023 👑
Here is my recap video of State of Open Con 2023:
Upcoming conferences 📅
- WTF SRE 4th and 5th of May 2023 (in person)
- DevOpsDays Birmingham 15th and 16th of June (in person)
- DevOpsDays Amsterdam 21st to 23rd of June (in person)
Something interesting I came across on Twitter
- Docker Drama
- Free team being sunset, no way to convert to a regular account
- We apologize. We did a terrible job announcing the end of Docker Free Teams.
Tweet of the Week 🐦
This week's tweet of the week is by Paul Dragoonis